Short week = short post
I'll be attending the International Radio & Television Society Faculty/Industry conference in New York this week, so we'll meet on Monday but not Wednesday and Friday. Please use those free times to continue to work on your web sites. Remember, your site should reflect what you know about web standards, usability, accessibility, and must make use of an external CSS.
Now, for breaking news of note...
Now, for breaking news of note...
- Microsoft released a beta version of their search engine. Note the "near me" localization feature. I'm sure that Google is shaking in its boots! :-) BTW, yesterday Google announced that the number of pages that it indexes doubled to nearly 8 billion.
- The free, open-source Mozilla browser is now out of beta and available for download. Get Firefox here! According to Rebecca Leib, "Their community-generated Spread Firefox (SFX) campaign, launched less than two months ago, is already one of the watershed campaigns in interactive marketing history. It's helped generate over a million downloads per day since Firefox went out of beta on Tuesday; registered over 25,000 volunteer marketers; encouraged about 100,000 Web sites to display promotional buttons and banners; generated wall-to-wall coverage in the blogosphere and mainstream media; and raised a quarter of a million dollars for a full-page ad in The New York Times."
- Apple and U2 are teaming up to release a black iPod featuring U2's music. Buyers will be given a $50 discount towards the download of "The Complete U2" collection ($149 for 400 tunes). Don't worry, you'll still have room for another 4,600 songs!
- Halo 2 went on sale this week and racked up $125 million in its first day, "making it the biggest single-day debut in entertainment history, eclipsing even Hollywood's loftiest box-office premieres."
1 Comments:
I messed around with that microsoft search engine for a little and it's pretty cool. The localization feature is very nifty and helpful, it makes narrowing down a search much easier.
The new mozilla browser....I don't really know what to say. I'll have to download it sometime when I have time and mess around with it.
It you're a U2 fan than the new U2 iPod could be cool. If you're a diehard fan and have "The Complete Collection," then this either could be cool or a waste of money. If you already have the collection and buy this, then you don't have to spend time transfering all the songs. I would buy one. That's all I have to say.
Halo 2...not a big video game fan, but Halo and now Halo 2 I am a big fan of. I haven't gotten much sleep this week cause i've been playing at my friend's house and it's awesome. Now it can be played on xbox live, which is super, you can choose to be the same guy or an alien and you can choose colors and emblems. It is just awesome.
By: Jared Pacheco
By
Anonymous, at 11/14/2004 4:45 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home